Tuesday 5 February 2019

Slowly galumphing ...

Greater Matter is slowly galumphing its way into the world. I'm onto the fourth draft of Sacred Space, which is the third section of the book. And I even managed to get the Contents Pages for Sections 1 and 2 done the other day! 54 pages, thus far ... though I spaced the poems more in Section 2 ... not sure it'll stay that way ...

Anyway, here's a poem from Sacred Space, a section which records the story of the singular adventure of Norman's wake -

Wrack of sobs

Forced back home the day after you die in my arms
because our house has been burgled –

en route must pull over, stop the car
for sobs so strong
they’d crack my skull on the steering wheel
were I not at the same time catching my head –

wracked this way I feel
the elemental Force of Love
thrusting me each time
helpfully forward.

- from Sacred Space, Section 3 of Greater Matter 

And here - I'm so proud - writing down the page numbers. What a slog.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment