Monday 8 February 2021

You don't have a choice from where you aren't

That's the small print.

Choice is always only as wide, or narrow, as the radius you give yourself.

For example - what image do I choose to accompany this post? A photo of a fork in the road? A deliberating human head with their chin in their hand? A cartoon face with question marks over it?

No.

None of the above-mentioned images come naturally to me, as companions to my theme. I aren't there, so to speak.

This glass egg, however, was right under my nose on my desk. I could pick it up and snap it with my phone. It caught the light as I could never have predicted.

And so, a post, which began with but a solitary sentence, unfolded richly into its immediate surroundings to share with you.

Yes, there is now. But also - don't underestimate the power of right here: where YOU ARE.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment